The Etan Wiki has some policies that have been proposed by the administrators and generally accepted by the members. Please read through the policies below to familiarize yourself with our common practices and rules. If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
General policies Edit
Remember that above all else, The Etan Wiki is an encyclopedia. It is a community that is solely devoted to the development of the Etan Wiki reference database; it is not a chat room or discussion forum. The talk pages are specifically for discussing the writing of articles, and nothing else.
The following are general policies concerning the overall goals and functions of the Etan Wiki:
- Administration Policy: A guide on appropriate behavior for administrators
- Blocking policy: Blocking is the means by which an administrator prevents a user account or IP address/range from editing the Etan Wiki.
- Copyright Policy: A general run-down of the copyright policies which are in place at the Etan Wiki.
- Equality Policy: While the Etan Wiki recognizes and accepts the special needs of certain individuals, those individuals cannot be considered exempt from the standards of conduct that all users must abide by.
- Manual of Style: A reference guide for creating new pages on the Etan Wiki, the methods given will help ensure the site stays looking crisp, clean, and consistent.
- Neutral point of view: The Etan Wiki has a Neutral Point of View Policy similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Protection Policy: At times, certain articles will need to be protected for a variety of reasons.
- What the Etan Wiki is not: This page attempts to define what is and is not proper use of this wiki.
- Vandalism Policy: Vandalism on the Etan Wiki is defined as any edits made in a deliberate attempt to lower the quality of the wiki.